Binghamton Criminal Defense Attorney Tom Jackson recently attended the 21st Annual “DWI Means Defend With Ingenuity” Seminar held in Las Vegas, Nevada. The three-day event featured insight and knowledge into the latest scientific and legal strategies to optimize successful outcomes at trial.
Day one featured general session presentations, a second day of split tracks allowed attendees to select an area of focus or interest, and a third day wrapped up with a choice of multiple workshops for small group, intense, and focused learning in desired areas of interest.
Topics covered in this intense DWI defense seminar included:
- The ABC's of DUI: EtG, UA, IID & SCRAM
- The Hidden Treasures of Brady
- The Use of SFST Tests for Drug Impairment
- Rule 702 - Daubert & Melendez-Diaz Issues You Need to Know for FST's
- Serious Injury/Death Cases - Playing Offense and Defense with Expert Witnesses
- Forensic Analysis of Accident Cases: Determination of Speed at Impact and Sight Distance
- Forensic Toxicology Case Evaluation: Understanding Your Data
- Crossing the BLAT Technician
- DRE Protocol and Crossing the DRE Officer
- Cross-Examination of the FST Officer with a Purpose
- Case Law Update
- SFST's - A Review
- DUI Trial Tips & Tricks to Take Home
- Closing Arguments- Feeling the Doubt
- Case Review: Bring Your Case
- Opening Statements to Sway the Jurors
- Courtroom Technology and Ethics
- How to Try Your First DUI
- Apps, Office Technology & Automation
Tom was joined by 600 of his colleagues from around the country to learn and share with the best-of-the-best DWI defense lawyers in the nation. He looks forward to bringing the knowledge garnered at the seminar to his firm and clients throughout the Greater Binghamton area.